“La Girelle” is a small hostel attended by people who are from Marseille, but who have travelled as well. That’s why we like to offers simple accommodation for backpackers and travellers from all around the world, and encourage them to explore the treasures of our beautiful Provence. In addition, the quiet neighbourhood is the ideal place for students and digital nomads. And if you like sports, we are only a 20min away from the Stade Vélodrome!
An ideal location!
Its principal axis, the boulevard Michelet allows to quickly leave the city and to join the heart of Marseilles or Cassis.
Its location allows easy access to different destinations:
- Center of Marseilles
- Stade Velodrome
- The National Park of Calanques
- Kedge University and the Faculty of Science of Luminy
- The Pointe Rouge
- The Goudes
- The Park Borely
Arrival in our small hostel!
For your comfort, a reception will be organized whatever your arrival time. The small hostel will be explained and a welcome drink will be offered!
Why choose La Girelle?
Here you can have a backpacker experience in a safe and warm atmosphere. Enjoy our availability, the equipment of our common kitchen and our relaxation area around the fireplace… All our rates include:
- Flexible check in and check out.
- WIFI working in the hole hostel.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, electric oven, microwave, coffee maker and electric kettle and all cooking utensils.
- Washing machine.
- Towel and linen.
- Mask and snorkel.
- Direct access to the beach in 10 min
- Direct access to the Calanques in 10 min
- Night buses to the city center
- Departures of NAP tourisme every morning in the direction of Cassis at 9h20am
- Shops 100 m from the guest house: supermarket, restaurant, tobacconist, bakery, some shops are open on Sunday mornings
Your stay in Marseille!
We will give you all the best addresses to taste the local cuisine, the market days or the nearby activities to do on foot or by bus. If you are curious to discover Marseille and the Calanques, La Girelle is your ideal accommodation! You will have the chance to discover Marseilles and the Calanques and far from the traditional tourist circuits, we will help you organize your day and we can suggest the things that you should do like going kayak, hike in the Calanques, escapade on the turquoise waters by boat, snorkling or a simple stroll on the edge of the beaches …. Whatever your interests are, Mazargues and its surroundings will dive you into an unusual and unexpected universe!